How to Remove Your Contact Lenses
- Wash your hands as when inserting contact lenses.
- Look up and gently pull down the lower eyelid.
- Bring your finger slowly and carefully to your eye until it touches the bottom of the lens.
- Slide the lens down to the white part of your eye.
- Bring your thumb up to your finger and gently squeeze the lens between your thumb and forefinger to remove the lens.
- Place the lens in the palm of your hand and wash it - see our washing guide (Again, if you are wearing daily disposable lenses you can skip this step and step 7).
- Place washed lens into its correct contact lens case in solution to soak.
- Remove other lens.
Practice this a few times and it will soon become second nature.
This video also shows you how to remove contact lenses: